- The Old Museum Cottage is a lovely place to stay, very clean and nicely decorated. Everything we needed was there, couldn't ask for more, wouldn't change or add anything, location was ideal. Miss Marples did lovely snacks, would definitely recommend .
28 May 2016
- We had a wonderful stay in the old Cornish museum,well equipped,clean and very close to a gorgeous beach/town. Fell in love with Looe and the surrounding area.
23 May 2016
- We had a wonderful time at the cottage. Fantastic location in the heart of Looe and steps from the beach. Well equipped kitchen and appreciated having a parking spot close by.
14 April 2016
- My husband and I stayed at The Old Museum for 3 nights mid April and we loved every minute of our time in this wonderful apartment. The whole process of booking and staying could not have been made easier or more pleasurable. Paul was delightful and incredibly helpful and patient when helping us to book. I opted to stay here following the funeral of my Mother and I just needed to get away and relax. Paul was totally understanding and could not have been more helpful. I booked at 11.30am from my home in Hampshire and was enjoying my first glass of wine relaxing in The Old Museum by 4.30 the same day. Perfect! The apartment was incredibly well equipped, comfortable, warm and cosy and the location close to the harbour and within easy walking distance of everything Looe has to offer was spot on. It had been made ready for us and was welcoming and spotlessly clean. All the bedding, towels and everything you need for a great stay were provided and of lovely high quality. On booking, we were supplied with full directions, car parking details and access details, all of which were very easy to follow. Finding and accessing the car park and apartment with the information could not have been easier which given the week we'd had was exactly what was needed! All in all, a fantastic 3 night break. We were very sorry to leave and wished we'd booked longer, so will be returning very soon. A lovely property I'd highly recommend to anyone.
05 April 2016
- We (2 adults and 2 children aged 9 & 6) stayed at the Old Museum for 3 nights in April 2016 and had a wonderful time. The property was perfectly located, practically on the doorstep to the beach and within easy reach of many great restaurants around the town. The property itself has 2 bedrooms as well as a sofa bed in the lounge area, the cottage was small but perfectly adequate for our family size, especially as we were rarely in the house during the day. Everything we needed was provided in the property, we just bought along our own food/drink (there is a well stocked Co-op in the town Centre for supplies). There were plenty of towels provided and a constant supply of hot water (which was needed after a day on a windy beach!) The cottage has a separate shower and bath which is great when you have children with you. The cottage is perfect and felt very homely and the owners were very responsive and helpful during the booking process as well as checking in (via email) on arrival to ensure we were happy and had everything we needed. Looe was beautiful, our children didn't want to leave and are asking us to book a return trip for the summer which we may well do!
25 March 2016
- We loved our stay at The Old Museum in Looe over the Easter bank holiday weekend. The cottage has everything you need and is situated perfectly in Looe. It was very clean and well-maintained, with lots of character and nice features. We stayed with our 18 month old daughter who loved visiting the beach just a few minutes walk and the hustle and bustle of Looe. The cottage has everything you need and being so central was great. We visited The Monkey Sanctuary just 10-15 minutes away, Fowey and Polperro. Paul, the owner provided excellent customer service. We will definitely be back, and would definitely recommend to a friend.
28 December 2015
- We stayed at The Old Museum last new year and decided to book it again for this new year 2015/2016...once again we found it spotlessly clean.everything we needed ...we cannot fault this cottage.and look forward to staying again.
12 November 2015
- We stayed for 4 days, what a delightful place this is, weather was rubbish and we opened the door to a beautiful cozy cottage. Basically bring yourselves and your food. Everything is there that you need and I am fussy. Very clean, comfy bed, lots of hot water, and warm. Extremely close to shops, pubs and restaurants. Parking and collecting keys was a doddle. I've just checked to see when it's next available as we plan on returning soon.
17 October 2015
- This cosy fisherman's cottage is conveniently located near the beach and meters from restaurants and pubs in the centre of Looe. It has everything you need for a pleasant holiday, and when our heating was off on our first day, the local manager Kate, was there immediately to fix things. We loved The Ancient Mariner restaurant and the Old Salutation Inn and Smuggler's Cott are great pubs.
21 September 2015
- Great position, only a few yards from the sea. Car parking was great. The flat was warm and comfortable. The bathroom was great and the shower was hot and powerful. We did not use the cooking facilities as we were out all day. We had no complaints regarding restaurants, our favourites were Mawgans, Smugglers Cott and Coddy Shack. It really is advisable to pre-book tables in most of the good restaurants, as Looe is very popular. A really enjoyable break.
05 September 2015
- Excellent booking process, fast response, clear directions. Accurate description, well equipped, clean, warm and looked after. The property is very close to the beach and all looe has to offer it makes up for lack of outside space. Once parked you need not move the car but Eden Project and Heligan are good visits. There is a good bus service to Polperro, Liskeard and Plymouth. There's lots of boat and fishing trips. We ate lots of crab, scones and fish and tried all the pubs. There's lots more to see and do so we would recommend this property.
18 July 2015
- My sister and I had a lovely stay at the 2 bed Fishermans Cottage. The cottage was well equipped and was cosy. The location was fantastic with the beach literally 1 minute walk with beach cafes and shops. Shops and restaurants were a stroll away with a varied selection. Visits to Polperro (you can drive or get the bus)and Fowey are recommended if you have a car. Everyone was very friendly. We would definitely return. Fantastic stay. Louise and Karen, Surrey
11 July 2015
- Cosy little cottage a stones throw from the beach. Very well equipped, in fact a home from home. I would not hesitate to recommend the Old Museum to family or friends, and am confident we will return some day to soak up the stress free atmosphere that the area brings.
27 June 2015
- a nice cottage, thoroughly enjoyed our stay. would definitely return to this property. Car parking space a big bonus.
12 June 2015
- Credit to owners and house keeper,spotlessly clean , very homley, recommend this property . Very close to beach and river. Shops .
- 06 June 2015
- For the second consecutive year my family enjoyed a week's holiday in this lovely cottage. It is extremely well equipped, clean, ideally located (yards from the quayside) and I would not hesitate to recommend it to family and friends. I look forward to being able to stay there in the future.
- 02 April 2015
- Perfect location, 30 seconds from sea front, 60 seconds to town. Car stayed in car park for first 2 days. Very clean and tidy, warm and well maintained. Well equipped and good Wifi.
27 February 2015
- This is the second time that we have stayed here. The cottage is cosy and has everything that you need to a self catering holiday or weekend break. Booking the cottage and collecting the keys is very simple. Car parking is very close by. Looe has plenty of pubs and restaurants and I would recommend The Old Sail Loft and Squid Ink
28 December 2014
- The property was even better than we expected it was spotlessly clean and a real home from home.It is perfectly located in the heart of east looe very close to the pubs & reseraunts yet stil very quiet & peacefull.The owner Paul was very helpfull and gave acurate information.The parking place was a real godsend just yards from the front door.We realy enjoyed our stay and look forward to staying there again.
21 December 2014
- My family and I stayed at the Old Museum in Looe for the Christmas week. The booking process and straight-forward communication led me to believe the property would similarly perfect, which it was. Situated in a beautiful back street, just a stones throw from the beach, the quay, and the High Street, the location was ideal. The property itself was presented to a high standard, with quality yet homely fixtures and fittings. It felt like a home as soon as we arrived. All the usual creature comforts were on hand; hot shower, nice bath, extremely comfortable lounge, excellent kitchen facilities, and cosy bedrooms with high quality furniture and linen. We rated this to be one of best family holidays to date, and we felt that The Old Museum was the deciding factor in that.
13 September 2014
- We were delighted with the standard of the property and pleasantly surprised by its location (literally a stone's throw from the beach). Looe is a beautiful place with many things to recommend it, and this apartment was the icing on the cake. We will certainly return and would recommend without reservation.
06 September 2014
- THE COTTAGE IS WELL SITUATED JUST OFF THE FRONT. NICE AND QUIET. COULD NOT HEAR THE SEAGULLS EVEN THOUGH 30 SECONDS FROM THE FRONT.. CLEAN, WELL EQUIPPED AND JUST AS DESCRIBED. ENJOYED OURSELVES IN LOOE AND HAD A RELAXING TIME IN THE COTTAGE.
16 August 2014
- The old museum is a lovely 2 bed apartment comfy but spacious and equipped with everything you need. Location is excellent....less than a minutes walk to the beach and with a prime seafront parking space included...brilliant!
09 August 2014
- We really enjoyed our stay at the Cornwall Museum Cottage and it was just as described. It was so central and had everything we needed - the sofa bed was the biggest we had ever seen and very comfortable. The beds and the linen were lovely, also the fluffy bath towels. The property was very clean although the slate? floor left feet/socks black. We were impressed with the De-moisturiser as it kept the cottage nice and dry. One of the lights went in the bathroom and after a phone call it was soon fixed. As the European Games were on during our stay it was good to have a tv for family viewing. We can recommend Fowey, so pretty, with its bus and boat trips. If you like smugglers then Polperro and Jamaica Inn on Bodmin Moor are a must. If you like gardens then we can recommend The Lost Gardens of Heligand and the National Trust house and gardens at Lanhydrock (I think that was the name). We had a lovely evening meal at The Old Sail Loft but it is advisable to book. Daisy's is very family friendly and recommended for scones and cream teas. The Catch was our favourite for fish and chips. We also frequented the ice cream shop (so many flavours) just round the corner and were very partial to their Mr Whippy's with flake, but could only manage the Medium size! We were a party of 2 grandparents, daughter and granddaughter and would definitely recommend this apartment. For those with young children, Looe beach is enormous and full of activities with an enormous tug of war which looked great fun on the sands. The only part of the holiday we did not enjoy was running the gauntlet of the pedestrians and oncoming traffic when trying to reach/leave our car park. This is no reflection on the apartment and the parking space was absolutely invaluable.
26 July 2014
- Lovely cottage which was very clean, well equipped and extremely suitable for three adults and a young child. Ideally located near the centre, but quieter than a number of cottages previously rented. I would certainly not hesitate to recommend this property to others.
28 June 2014
- Lovely property for a holiday. Felt like a home. Well fitted out, clean and very pleasant.
14 June 2014
- The information provided was accurate and the property was well maintained and was clean and well equipped. The bed linen and towels were of good quality and there were supplies available i.e dishwasher tablets, bin bags etc. The property is very well situated for easy access to the beach, restaurants and the car parking space was invaluable. We had cause to contact the owner and received a prompt email in reply.
07 June 2014
- Great service from a friendly owner. The cottage was clean, very well equipped and in a brilliant location. Having a parking space was a big plus point. Luxurious bathroom and cosy bedrooms. I'd be happy to recommend a stay here. The beach was great for our young children and there are many excellent cafes nearby including the one overlooking the beach.
15 November 2013
- Took my partner away for a long w/e for a birthday treat Wow !! we stayed at the fishermans cottage (Old Museum)the cottage I would say has just recently gone a refurb and i must say to a very high standard and has every detail (Just like home from home) We had a fab 4 days the locals so friendly and make you feei so wecome, there are some nice places to eat and friendly pubs (the Fishermans arms ( 3 mins walk from the cottage) landlord Trina & Boysey made us so welcome.THATS WORTH A TRY Going back in January for another w/ escape. So Guys try this amazing cottage ,you will not be disapointed. Mike & Lorna The Red Lion - Burnham Buckinghamshire
07 August 2011
- My family of four stayed at this apartment for a one week holiday. The apartment is in a great location and perfectly equipped for a self catering break. We had a lovely time and would happily visit again. Just perfect.
27 May 2011
- Dropped on this find at the last minute, and what a find! Beautiful rental property in just the right location. We parked the car up and walked everywhere for the four days we stayed. The rental was more than adequate for myself, wife and 16 year old son, with everything you could need for the stay and beautifully presented. The owners were more than helpful and the booking procedure trouble free. We have stayed in many rental properties, in this country and abroad and we were delighted with this gem, we will return!
04 March 2011
- I am so glad I've discovered this place! By way of background I am a regular Cornish 'escapist' taking on average self catering short and long breaks 5-6 times year, and have seen some amazing places but this one is very special. Away from the crowds, yet convenient for access to everything one needs, and of course the sea! And do leave the car at home and make use of excellent Looe Valley railway and South West coastal path. Loved it!