- Lovely homely apartment just like the pictures. Very clean with soft towels and bedding provided and extras. The location is fantastic just meters from the beach and the town. Lots of lovely places to eat. Highly recommended. Oh and the Wi-Fi has been upgraded and super fast. Great communication and customer service from the owner.
- We really enjoyed our stay at Sand Dune, it's so close to the seafront and is a perfect location for all Looe has to offer. The property was spotless and had everything you need. Owner has been most helpful at all times. The Golden guinea has a great value for money roast dinner and The Sail Loft has 3 course meal for £20 that was fab. If you like shanty music, go along toThe Jolly sailor on Tuesday and Thursday nights, very welcoming locals. Really enjoyed outstay and would recommend to all.
22 April 2016
- Very warm, cosy and clean apartment ideally situated for all the Looe amenities. Had a problem with shower not working but emailed Paul and it was fixed within a few hours. Towels, bed linen and even washing up liquid provided. Would have no hesitation in staying again. Only criticism would be that wall between next apartment was pretty thin so could hear neighbours but didn't bother us too much.
09 April 2016
- We had a lovely stay in the cosy Sand Dune apartment. The cosy apartment is well-equipped and very convenient for the main town and for the beach. The instructions for gaining access were clear and easy to follow.
21 September 2015
- We arrived at the Sand Dune cottage early but as the cleaner had just finished we were allowed in FANTASTIC ...... Very Clean , Great Location , Cosy but very well Equipped.The owner left a a book explaining everything. Also a guest book with tips and ideas which l found helpful. l would definatley recommend A stay at one of Pauls cottages ...Made some fabulous memories
27 December 2014
- Great location, a comfortable and convenient place to stay in east looe , close to the beach and shops and restaurants..
29 September 2014
- Ideally located, small but ideal for a couple, warm and cosy. Would love to return again.
14 September 2014
- A lovely little appartment with everything you need in a perfect location. Appartment was very clean and comfortable and owners were more than helful. I would definately recommend this appartment and a visit to Looe.
06 September 2014
- We booked late as a late summer break for the 2 of us, and just happened to choose a week of great weather that really made our holiday. The apartment is in a great position tucked away in East Looe, and literally a few steps from the beach and harbour. It was very clean & tidy and relatively comfortable for the time that we did spend in there. We spent a lot of time out and about exploring the area, and used the apartment as a base from which to plan and explore. Very convenient having WiFi to be able to plan our trips, and plenty of bars and restaurants within walking distance .
09 August 2014
- We have just got back from a lovely week in Looe. Sand dune is a lovely cosy property, providing everything you need. The location is fantastic!!! Just seconds away from the beach and harbour and two minutes away from shops, restaurants and pubs. We are already thinking about booking this apartment again next year! :)
26 July 2014
- Very nice property, clean, well decorated, everything you need for a self catering holiday. Good location for the beach, shops, bars & restaurants. Looe is a nice place plenty to see & do in and around the area. Would recommend.
02 July 2014
- We stayed in this lovely, clean, cosy apartment in Looe. The flat is well situated, one street back from harbour and 10 steps to the beach. Parking is around a five min walk away and we paid for a weekly ticket £30... but you can park outside the flat to drop bags off. The bed is super comfy and kitchen has everything you need. WIFI in the flat works well and there was some information leaflets and a helpful guest book with advice on what to do, where to visit. Nicest places we visited - walk to polperro, st ives, st mawes, port Isaac, padstow and fowey. Sail loft restaurant in Looe is lovely. Owner of flat is helpful and informative.
21 June 2014
- Apartment was as described and we found it cosy and comfortable. The information supplied was very helpful especially regarding the street layout and vehicle access. Looe was a great base for exploring Cornwall and after a long day out, Sand Dune was a restive retreat. Would recommend both Sand Dune and Looe to friends and family as a great holiday destination.
21 June 2014
- Nice little apartment, well appointed and located centrally for restaurants, pubs, the beach and river. The owners description is very accurate
14 June 2014
- we love looe and had a lovely week with excellent weather.Sand Dune is in an ideal location and although is quite small is comfortable,well furnished and very clean.We would certainly stay again in the future
23 August 2011
- The photos and the description on the homepage give you a good idea about the flat:The Sand Dune is a cosy, nice and clean apartment , only a stonethrow away from the harbour and the beach and yet situated in a quiet little road. Looe is the perfect location for trips around Cornwall: Minack-Theatre, St. Mawes, Mousehole, The Eden Project, Newquay...the list of Cornwall's attraction is long. Don't miss a walk along the coast path to Polperro. or a cruise along the coast in Mevagessey. Apart from the fact that the wifi didn't work properly everything was fine.We can't recommend any restaurants in Looe because Pengelly's first-class fishmonger at the harbour offers everthing you need for a delicious fish dish and the kitchen in the Sand Due is very well equipped. As non-native speakers we didn't manage to pay the car park by mobile phone,but you can get your money changed at the amusement park nearby. Many thanks to Paul, he provided all the information we needed and contacted us during our stay. We had a great holiday in The Sand Dune in Looe.
- Recommended for: Sightseeing, Tourists without a Car, Age 55+, Romantic Getaway
10 July 2011
- We had a wonderful holiday in Looe and Sand Dune was the perfect place to stay. It was just as we expected - clean and tidy and a stones throw from the beach. We walked to Polperro and back which was a lovely walk (our feet told us we should have got the bus back!). There were wonderful places to eat - The Old Sail Loft is a must but be sure to book as it was even full on a Monday night out of season. We ate in Ye Olde Salutation Inne on 4 of the 7 nights as the atmosphere was so nice and the food was tasty and very reasonably priced - the Doom Bar beer was pretty good too! We would recommend this property as the perfect place for a very relaxing holiday.
25 June 2011
- Sand Dune provided us with everything we wanted during our week in Looe. The apartment was comfortable, clean and well equipped. The photos here are very accurate. Looe itself is a lovely town with plenty of shops, restaurants, pubs and cafes. It is also a good place to visit the rest of Cornwall from - the Eden Project is about a 45 minute drive and Newquay is less than 1 hour. Although there is no parking near the apartment, it is only a 15 minute walk to the carpark and it is very easy to buy a weekly parking permit (we did this over the phone) which is now £29. We will definately be recommending Sand Dune and Looe to friends and family.
26 April 2011
- We've just got back from a four night stay at the Sand Dune apartment, and had such a lovely time, we would thoroughly recommend it! The apartment is as cute as pie, had everything we needed and was in such a great spot - the weather was great (such a treat for April) so to be able to sit on the beach but pop back to the apartment to get a drink or sandwich (or use the loo!) within about a 20 second walk was fabulous..... No problems at all, loads of information from Paul beforehand, it was just great!
23 October 2010
- The Sand Dune was gorgeous! Our stay was perfect the accommodation has been carefully thought out with all the little details being covered. Located perfectly to wonderful restaurants (Papa Nino, Ocean and Earth and Mawgans) and welcoming pubs (The Ship and The Salutation). Looe is a fabulous get away from it all place, thank you Paul for our stay.
15 October 2010
- What can I say? What a delightful bijou palce to stay, centrally located, clean, loved all the towels.....what a comfortable bed, well equipped, loved every minute of it. We had great weather, walking on Bodmin Moor Saturday, Sunday we walked in t-shirts and shorts to Polperro, lunch at the Crumplehorn and back on the local bus...plus 2 sightings of Richard Madley! An evening meal at the Sail Loft was amazing, the fish and local cheese were exceptional. Can't wait to return and make it a regular birthday trip in October..missing the cream teas already.
07 October 2010
- We loved this apartment! It's clean, comfortable, adequately equipped and in a brilliant location! It's close to a range of interesting local shops, supermarket, the quay, beach and cracking coastal walks. Not to mention some excellent restaurants and pubs! It is expensive to park in the main car park for a week (£25) but a price we were willing to pay considering the beautiful surroundings and the lovely historic buildings of Looe. Everyone we met was friendly and made our stay even more enjoyable....including the apartment's owners - Paul and Sarah! They just happened to be there one day and gave me a guided tour of the apartment below the Sand Dune - this was very nice too! I would recommend both apartments to anyone! Oooops! We forgot to write in the visitor's book - but hopefully Paul or Sarah could print this out and stick it on one of the pages...we had a brilliant time...in a brilliant apartment ...in a brilliant place!
31 March 2010
- The apartment is compact, comfortable and very well equipped with more than enough towels and bedding, as well as tea, coffee and sugar. The position is superb, quiet and secluded and within minutes of the sea, the harbour and restaurants and shops. The only disadvantage is the parking which is expensive and involves a 10 minute walk, great if the weather is kind but too far in gale force winds and pouring rain. Anyone planning to eat in the top four recommended restaurants should book well in advance. The Trawler came highly recommended but unfortunately was booked out during our short stay.
19 September 2009
- My partner and I had a fabulous stay at the Sand Dune apartment. Clean, tidy and well equipped and within easy access of everything - especially the beach! We enjoyed eating out and cooking in, we were very lucky with the weather, had sun for 6 days! even in Britain! Would very much hope to come back next year for a revisit. Very impressive and made a lovely first holiday together, thank you very much! Sam and Patrick 20th - 27th September 2009
11 September 2009
- We recently in Sand Dune in September and had a wonderful stay. The apartment was small but perfectly formed with everything we could possibly need for a short stay. The fact that it was so very close to the sea front was a big plus with everything we needed on our doorstep. Amazingly the weather was fantastic for such a late summer stay, and so we made the most of it by using Looe as base to explore much of Southern Cornwall. Our favourite place was definitely Fowey and wish we had had longer to there, but unfortunately we were paying for parking and so only had a short stay. In fact, parking in Cornwall was a sticking point as there seems to be nowhere that is free anywhere! The caretakers at the apartment were extremely helpful, especially when the digital changeover took place when we were there, and Paul was always keen to check that everything was satisfactory. The only quibble would be the fact that the wifi connection was weak and didn't work very often, but this is a minor point. Overall we would thoroughly recommend the Sand Dune apartment to anyone.
26 July 2009
- The apartment was clean, comfortable and well presented. It is tucked away just behind the shops on the sea front, and was a quiet (except for the seagulls!) and peaceful spot. It was perfect for an evening stroll by the sea before bed to check what boat trips there were the next day. The boat trips are all good, but the best were the ones to the village of Polperro, the island which is a nature reserve, and, if you can catch the odd day when they do it, a trip up the river to the limit of its navigability - lots of kingfishers. The ones out to sea usually stop and say hello to the seals (they are easily bribed with fish).
14 May 2009
- We booked a last minute 3 night break at the Sand Dune apartment in Looe. Paul was very accomodating when we were making our booking especially as we had to change the dates of our stay at the last moment. Arthur was also really helpful when we arrived and came round to help us with the hot water/heating within 5 mins of giving him a call at 9:30pm (Thank you Arthur!) The apartment is in an excellent location with everything on your doorstep, the beach, the pier, pubs, shops and restaurants. It was also a lovely place to get back to quickly when Looe just got a bit too busy with so many visitors (once we left the car, we felt like locals!) We found everything we needed in the aprtment, The free Wifi was a nice extra that we made use of and had excellent mobile phone reception on O2.. The local Chinese takeaway was excellent value for money & quality of food (there are a couple in Looe - the better one is nearer the flat, and is a takeaway only, not a restaurant). We also ate at one of the quayside restaurants where the seafood was very good. You must book on a weekend though as they get very busy. Overall Looe was an excellent destination - once we arrived, we didn't actually go back to the car until it was time to go home. The flat was like a home from home and we had exactly the getting away from it all break we were after! We have already recommended it to frends.
10 April 2009
- Enjoyed every minute. apartment very clean, everything included, well equipped. Accurate description of apartment and Looe. Would recommend this as a relaxing way of spending a break. Enjoyed walking, weather was fantastic, would go again and stay in same apartment. Think a bit of me is still in Looe. One bad thing, my husband and I went to the Trawlers Restaurant. The food was really nice, however the Maitre D' was a pain. He was so busy chatting to his regular diners, he kept bouncing around on one leg to the other, his arms flaying around. He was almost on my husbands shoulder for most of his meal. Would not go back there!
06 April 2009
- My husband and I just returned from four nights at Sand Dune in Looe. The apartment was bright and fresh with a seaside quality about it. We had everything we needed in the kitchen and every room was very clean and well presented. The bed was comfy and at night it was so quiet. The apartment itself is seconds from lots of restaurants, cafes, little shops and the beach! Looe was a lovely town. I had never been to Cornwall before and I just loved it. We payed £18 for four nights parking which is across the bridge, only about 5 minutes walk away. We just left our busy lives behind us for a few days and had a wonderful break at Sand Dune in Looe. We loved every minute of it and would highly recommend it.
26 September 2008
- Lovely little apartment, centrally located, very convenient and cozy. It had everything we needed, including tea and sugar, etc. That was anice touch! The beach is right next door and so is the main restaurants/pubs. The Sail Loft is a great place to go for up-market quality food and wine and a lovely atmospher/surroundings. Looe itself is lovely and charming. Lots to see and do. Quaint and friendly. Pretty busy on the bank holidays, but that's to be expected. All round - big thumbs up!
18 September 2008
- The apartment is just behind a shop on the beach front in an excellent location to explore the whole of Looe and walk home after the pub. There is a spar just down the road to get essentials for breakfast and lunch. Lots of towels were provided and the apartment was very clean when we arrived. The wifi works fine with a laptop. Limited phone reception in the apartment on T-mobile, but fine outside. Car parking in millpool is £24 for a weeks ticket or £15 for 36 hours. I would recommend a meal at the Smugglers Cott restaurant, although booking is recommended at weekends -details on google. If you drive to the eden project then the bodinnick car ferry at Fowey is good fun!
04 September 2008
- We have recently returned from a week staying in the Sand Dune apartment in Looe and had a fantastic time. The apartment itself is lovely and had everything we needed to make our stay so comfortable. The Kitchen had every utensil under the sun as well as tea and coffee and the usual basics which you always forget to bring ie washing up liquid, tin foil etc. It was furnished well giving it a bright and airy feel and the information supplied on the local area was very helpful. The town itself is very pretty and friendly and very easy to navigate, car parking is only ten mins away and we didnt find this a problem. The apartment is so close to the pier and the harbour and we loved watching people catch crabs from the side of the harbour. We managed to get basics from the shops in Looe but found for groceries it was easier to go to Morrisons in Liskeard just a 15 min drive away, to be honest we were always passing there enroute from somewhere home. Looe is well situated for visits to the eden project and Padstow for rick stein's wonderful fish and chips but is a good base for further afield attractions such as Lands End and St Ives - because we were there in september i think the traffic was a lot less heavy - be sure to go to Polperro just around the coast and to the gardens of mount edgcumbe which overlook plymouth, we got a lovely cream tea there and had a wonderful walk around the gardens. Whilst the weather wasnt great we did have the most fantastic time and would thoroughly recommend this accomodation for anyone looking for a nice relaxing place in a good location for touring.
26 August 2008
- My Wife and I have just returned from staying in the Sand Martin apartment for4 nights.We have to say that the property has a perfect location. It is right by the beach at East Looe and on the harbour offering direct and easy access to all the local amenities. Everything in the property is clean and it is certainly a place to settle down in on the evening put on some music, read a book and have a nice glass of wine. The kichen area has everything you might need. The bathroom is clean and modern with a nice big bath and good shower. The bedroom though a little small is perfectly adequate for a couple. We didn't travel very light but there was pleanty of storage. The bed was very comfortable. I was initially a little concerned the location might be noisy of an evening, but then I might have misjudged Looe! The location is lovely and quiet offering a comfortable nights sleep. The service from the owner was good giving all the information we needed in a nice concise way. Looe itself is a lovely place. The beach, though small is clean and tidy. It is nice for a walk in the evening when it is quieter. The little Cornish shops, a far cry from the standard high street in most towns are fun, intriguing and I guess just different. Obviously a Cornish Pasty is a must and there are pleanty of good locations for one in the town. I found it interesting to wander by the Fish Market and just watch the comings and going of the people and trawlers. We took a trip to Fowey on the ex-RNLI lifeboat and if I could recommend any activity then this is the one. The boat is a beautiful example of maritime engineering and the owner operator is full of stories about the local area and the boat. In Fowey we had Fish and Chips in The Prussian King and it was excellent, especially with the local Cornish Ale. Overal the property is a perfect setting and location to explore from and have a nice quiet time for couples.