24 March 2016
- Lovely property perfectly located for exploring Looe. We had a great time visiting family in Looe and stayed in the Sand Martin. The apartment is perfect for a couple. Spitting distance from the beach and shops. Easy access and no problems whatsoever. Communication from the owner was fab. We will be back again!
05 February 2016
- Sand Martin is the perfect cosy apartment for a weekend getaway at the coast. We loved the location yards from the beach, the 'Banjo' pier and the back streets of the fishing port of Looe. There are some great places to eat and drink in the town and we enjoyed walking the cliff paths - even if it was a bit blustery! The property is well looked after, clean and warm and we would definitely recommend it to friends and family. A brilliant weekend break - thank you!
05 February 2016
- Love this place, this was our 3rd visit to Sandmartin. We like to visit in quiet times and walk to Plaidy along the beach path and Polperro. Best thing about this place is its so near the beach and 5 minutes from 2 good pubs, great for popping back for a warmer in the winter. We dont mind parking in the main carpark about 10 mins away as we can walk through Looe and look at the lovely shops and cafes on route. Owner very helpful as usual, we will be back in winter 2017.
26 October 2015
- From reserving the holiday through to checkout, the owner Paul was extremely helpful. The apartment itself was accurately described in the listing and upon arrival we were impressed. Being quite sporadic people we appreciated the key safe rather than having to arrange to meet the owner. Inside the apartment it was immaculately clean and was kept at a lovely warm temperature and had more than the basics in the kitchen. Plenty of clean and cosy towels for the bathroom. Seconds away from the beach and fantastic restaurants it was perfect for us. We would definitely stay again. A tip: Worth having lots of change ready for the car park.
09 October 2015
- Lovely little flat. Perfect location for exploring looe and surrounding villages. Lots of lovely restaurants in looe, so we didn't need to use the car.
08 August 2015
- Perfekt place for a couple. Nice host, very clean apartment with every thing you will need for your stay in Looe - just like the pictures. Easy to find and very good lokation - short walk too every thing !!!!!
18 July 2015
- The property is ideal for an able couple. Access up an external staircase to the first floor apartment. Nice lounge with TV (would have preferred a bigger TV) , DVD player and CD player and Kitchenette, good double bedroom size with spacious storage, very nice size bathroom with excellent shower over the bath. Good location for beach, bars and restaurants which are all very nice. Good access to buses and trains allowing trips to other villages. Lots of sea fishing if you fancy that. All in all a very nice apartment in a nice little fishing village.
11 July 2015
- Lovely apartment, so close to the beach. Looe itself was brilliant for what we needed: a relaxing break. Still lots to do in and around Looe though. We had a brilliant time here and perfect choice of place to stay.
30 May 2015
- We truly enjoyed our week's stay at Sand Martin. The apartment is done up to a high standard and is like home from home for us. It's in an ideal location just a stones throw from the beach. It's also nice & peaceful, we would definetly go back. It's also really close to Mawgan's & Squid Ink, both restaurants do amazing food but book in advance they are very popular. We took a trip to Looe Island which we thoroughly enjoyed. We also went on the glass bottomed boat trip and managed to see three seals. Cannot wait to go back to beautiful Looe.
- 15 May 2015
- perfect apartment ,very comfortable everything you need there. felt at home .Lovely location walked everywhere perfect
31 January 2015
- Sand Martin is a great little apartment that offered everything we needed for a week away from it all. The apartment is clean, well equipped, quiet and warm, great for a winter holiday. The owner answered our query promptly and the booking process was a doddle! We visit Looe in a regular basis and would definitely recommend this property.
01 November 2014
- We had a lovely comfortable stay. Everything we needed was provided, even towels! Even though the weather wasn't the best the accommodation was warm and we could batten down the hatches. Great location for a base to explore Looe and further afield. We would definitely recommend this lovely little place.
06 September 2014
- We arrived in Looe on Saturday night and found Sand martin quickly. The first thing I noticed was the lovely smell of freshly laundered sheets and the rest of the flat was spotless. After dropping our bags off we went in search of some saturday night fun in the local pubs and had a late bite to eat in Archie's. Early next day we awoke to the sound of herring gulls and began our week of walking the amazing coastline where we saw a great variety of birds in the changing tides, swimming in the little coves then eating and sampling Cornish beer in the local pubs Ye Olde Salutation and The Ship which does a fine pint of tribute. We also treated ourselves to a great meal in the Old Sail Loft. Sand Martin is just a few steps from the lovely, clean, sandy beach and we were able to go for a swim every morning (and often in the evening! ) Looe's a lively little fishing village and Sand Martin is the perfect place for a couple to stay.
30 August 2014
- Amazing quaint sea cottage right by the ocean and harbour offering day trips to the sea and Looe Island as well as across the West Looe. The resturants are very good and the museum, bookshop and arcade are a good source of entertainment. The cottage is also very central to surrounding attractions such as Polperro, Lands End, The Minamick Theatre, and Newquay. We had a great honeymoon and it was all thanks to a great cottage! Highly recomended!
17 August 2014
- We arrived and unloaded without any problems given how narrow the streets are but the directions were spot on. The Apartment was very clean and comfortable with every type of cooking appliance to hand for self catering.The location could not have been better right in the heart of Looe and every amenity needed just a stone throw away.We had a lovely stay in Looe for a week and it was nice to come home and relax in the apartment with home comforts. If you are looking for a nice clean place to stay then choose the Sand Martin.
26 July 2014
- The owner of this property Paul obviously prides himself on great customer service. His communications are excellent and booking the apartment was very easy. The property is very well equipped and well maintained..The location is very close to the sea front and local lifeboat station. All the towns restaurants and shops are just a few steps away. If your looking for a friendly ,relaxed location then Looe ticks all the boxes. We had a very pleasant stay in Sand Martin. Enjoy!
12 July 2014
- The apartment was clean and well equipped - with the exception of laundry facilities it had everything you could need. The location, whilst being so close to the beach, the harbour and the bars, pubs, restaurants and shops, was also quiet. There was no passing traffic and no late night revellers came past either. The seagulls were another story... take ear plugs if you're a light sleeper as the gulls are awake and shouting at about 4.00 am! Lol! I have to say that the bed was the most comfortable I have ever slept on in a holiday home. The bed linen was of nice quality which was really nice. The towels provided were really welcome as they're such bulky things to pack. We had a problem with the Wifi at first but a quick email to the owner and he helped us to sort it out almost immediately. Excellent customer service! There is no outside space but because of the location this really isn't an issue. The apartment is just metres from the lovely beach and harbour area and we sat and watched the world go by from there. Looe is really nice. It has a good honest feel to it and the local people were very friendly and helpful. There's some good eating to be had to suit all budgets at both pubs and restaurants and there are a couple of supermarkets (Co-op), chemists and banks as well as a variety of gift shops. The tourist information office was also very helpful. We enjoyed some wonderful walks. The walk across the cliff tops from Looe to Polperro is worth the climb for the views but it is quite strenuous at times - particularly the long steep climb out of Talland Bay. We also caught the train to Liskeard and walked back through the West Looe Valley. Mostly level or downhill but it is 13 miles! The apartment was a lovely little place and I would certainly go again.
27 October 2012
- Paul has the most fabulous apartments and having stayed three times now we can't wait for our fourth trip. The Sand Martin is cosy and modern having everything we could have hoped for and more. We highly recommend the Sand Martin any visit here will leave you wanting more. Simply gorgeous.
07 July 2011
- This apartment is in an ideal position right next to the beach and there are a lot of good restaurants and pubs within a few minutes walk. Ideal for a relaxing getaway because you can just leave your car in the car park and forget about it.
03 July 2011
- We had two great weeks in Looe & Sand Martin. The apartment was a super base for discovering Cornwall (we stayed for two weeks). It was well equipped - nothing to complain about. The wireless signals - excellent (comment to a previous review). The location wast straight in the middle of the town - it was yet a quiet place with no disturbing noice (except from the seagulls). Looe - a nice town with nice people.The coast paths - great! Cornwall - we will see more!! We would definitely come back. Rolf - Norway
23 May 2011
- had a great week, and nothing to complain about . only small critisim was the wireless was very weak signal, and could only get access occasionally. but when you are on holiday who wants to spend all your time online anyway!!
- 21 May 2011
- We have been to Sand Martin before and it is in a good location and idea for a couple to stay with all the equipment you could need. We found Trawlers and Salutation Inn good places to eat and the Jolly Sailors in West Looe holds a very good folk night on a Tuesday evening which you can join in if you wish!
12 May 2011
- Good holiday in excellent location. Flat very well equipped and it was great to have decent pictures, crockery etc rather then cheap stuff. Everything worked well. Well places for some excellent trips including National Trust properties. Only caveats - we were very late booking and didn't seem to receive key code information. Luckily man in flat below was around to call Arthur ( Very helpful and nice) - perhaps a little diagram/map? . Bed mattress a bit soft - time for a new one? And no information about how to dispose of rubbish Bit otherwise very good
25 February 2011
- The flat is small but perfectly formed. Very comfortable and has all you would need for a great break. It is very clean and modern but retaining lots of charachter. Only draw back is that the walls are a little thin. Paul is extremely professional to deal with and arranging this holiday let was very easy. The flat is located just off the main beach and in the heart of Looe with lots of restaurants and shops around it. Sarah's pasty shop is a must for anyone visiting Cornwall - but go early because they sell out quickly! The coastal walk to Polperro is the perfect way to spend a day. Overall, I would highly recommend this accomodation and will try and get back there again soon.
16 October 2010
- The apartment is right in the centre of town, and not far from the train station, so it's particularly handy if you don't drive. There are plenty of good things to do nearby. We especially recommend the cliff walk to Polperro and a visit to Lanhydrock house. We had a very relaxing stay.
24 September 2010
- What a lovely apartment and in a great location. Last minute decision to have a weekend away at the end of September and stumbled across Sand Martin. What a find. The apartment is lovely and cosy and very well equipped. We just wished we could have stayed longer. Looe is lovely and the choice of restaurants and pubs superb. The coastal walk between Looe and Polperro is a must - definitely worked up an appetite. Would highly recommend the apartment. Hope to be back very soon.
04 September 2010
- Looe is a lovely town full of character with plenty to see and do. The flat is ideally situated. It's very quiet and comfortable and is well equipped. There are plenty of places to eat and most take just a few minutes to walk to. Parking is a 10 minute walk and cost £25 for 7 days. You can load and unload just by the RNLI station but you need to be quick! There are 2 small supermarkets in the town so you can easily buy your supplies once you get settled in. The best restaurant we ate in was The Squid Ink but you need to book! We visited Cotehele and Lanhydrock National Trust properties and The Lost Gardens of Heligan-all very interesting. We got the bus to Polperro and walked back along the coast-beautiful views and not too strenuous! We also walked to Plaidy and Mildenreath in the opposite direction. I would thoroughly recommend this apartment and found all the information supplied by Paul very helpful.